The Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association, Inc. (“SHSAA” or “Stuyvesant Alumni Association”) is looking for a dynamic leader. Reporting directly to the President and the Board of SHSAA, the Executive Director is expected to work closely with the Board to develop and manage a strategic and integrated program to further the mission of the Stuyvesant Alumni Association. To meet our ambitious goals for growing our membership, outreach, and fundraising, we are seeking a results-driven multi-tasker who can feel at home in the Stuyvesant community. The Executive Director will be able to hire additional team members to support these priorities and responsibilities.
- Fundraising and content generation: (1) engage alumni through our website and social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to create exciting and innovative content. (2) Coordinate all internal and external media to enhance alumni communications/connections including a quarterly alumni e-newsletter and a printed Annual Report
- Strategic Planning: Plan and coordinate annual and quarterly board meetings and committee meetings. There are a total of twenty (20) Board Directors across seven (7) committees. These committees meet quarterly and the ED is expected to execute and implement programs and initiatives generated from these committees
- Stuyvesant Liaison – keep an open communication line of communication with Stuyvesant administration, faculty, and students to keep track of ongoing funding needs and collaboration opportunities
- Event Management – plan, promote and execute alumni events across a variety of programs including an annual gala, monthly virtual or in person events, and major class reunions
- Accounting and Administration – prepare the monthly financials, administer program expenses, set the annual budget, and work with external accountants on monthly financial reconciliation and the annual audit
- Database Management – maintain current records of alumni records, track donations and event registrations
- Demonstrated accomplishment in fostering productive relationships with staff, volunteers and developing volunteer leadership
- Ability to think strategically while executing tactically within a resource-constrained environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with colleagues, volunteers, alumni, and other constituents
- Strong writing skills and ability to speak in public
- Proficiency in Social Media
- Experience in event planning
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, as needed
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in NYC public high schools or middle schools administration
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred
Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association is the nonprofit organization associated with Stuyvesant High School. Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association is a 501(c)(3) Not-For-Profit organization that exists to:
- support Stuyvesant High School. Stuyvesant, as a public school, gets little extra funding from the NYC Department of Education. SHSAA bridges the gap between what taxpayers fund and what Stuyvesant students need to pursue their talents and education to the highest level.
- To support Stuyvesant’s diverse student body. Students speak 36 languages at home and about 40% are on free or reduced lunch. They participate in 295 sports, teams, clubs, and groups that compete and win against other schools across the country. SHSAA funds travel for team competitions, college scholarships, sport equipment, and more. Outside of Stuyvesant’s student body, SHSAA also provides free SHSAT test prep for underrepresented groups and NYC communities via StuyPrep.
- To promote fellowship among alumni. We host reunions, school tours, and networking events and create newsletters and mentoring opportunities to help alumni maintain their ties to Stuyvesant and to each other.
- Our final mission is to raise money in support of all the above.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]