A whole decade has come and gone!
THE STUYVESANT HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
the CLASS OF 2007 to their
to be held on
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017
We are really excited to have the Class of 2007 come home. We’re looking to build this into a wonderful event to remember.
Tickets are $10 for 2007 alumni, $40 for guests, FREE for children under 10 years
We have kept the price low to ensure maximum reunion attendance, and we’re actively seeking your classmates that we have lost touch with. The Eventbrite page where you’ll purchase your tickets will start to list classmates as they RSVP and purchase tickets.
The program is in development as we expect more faculty to attend, but we’re excited to share that the following teachers are looking forward to seeing you!
- Mr. JonAlf Dyrland-Weaver ’01
- Mr. Mark Henderson
- Mr. Samuel Konstantinovich ’99
- Dr. Patrick Niglio
- Dr. Steven O’Malley
- Mr. Matthew Polazzo
11:00AM Registration / Distribution of Class Reunion T-Shirts / Wrist bands for Happy Hour Activities at the School
- Stuyvesant Jazz Band performance
11:30 AM – Keynote Presentation by Mr. Jeff Makris, Director of College Counseling
- “College Admissions – What Has Changed?”
- What has changed since you left Stuyvesant? How are today’s Stuyvesant students navigating the college process?
- Q&A will follow the formal presentation
12:30PM Lunch (included in your ticket price)
1:30 PM – Tours, student performances, meet with Stuyvesant teachers!
Student-led tours will go on every 30 minutes.
Throughout the building there will be student performances and demos. Some examples include:
- Stuyvesant Fencing
- Stuy Legacy – Stuyvesant’s award winning dance group
- Stuyvesant Cheerleaders
1:30 PM – Reading of excerpts from Frank McCourt’s “Teacher Man” by Charlie Romanelli ’88, a StuyAlumni actor
- Charlie will be reading passages from the Pulitzer Prize winner about Stuy and its students
- This will take place in the room that is modeled on the Old Building’s classrooms
2:30 PM – Principal’s Address by Principal Eric Contreras
- Learn about what’s going on at Stuyvesant today!
- There’s going to be a new Maker Space in the school, where Stuyvesant students can create the wonderful innovations that they come up with.
3:00PM-6:00PM Happy Hour (with appetizers)
- Mingle with your classmates at your designated class tent!
Kids Club for Parents – Throughout the day, there is a Kids Club where your children can do some fun activities while you explore the school.
- Can drop off kids starting at 11:00 AM
- Please pick up children for lunch at 12:30 PM. They can be dropped off at Kids Club again after lunch.
- 2:00PM-4:00PM – Face Art by Melissa
- 2:30PM-3:15PM – Mad Science “Marvels of Motion”
- 3:15PM-3:45PM – Mad Science Superball Making
- All kids must be picked up by parents at 6:00PM.
Photo Booth – Take some wacky pics with your friends!
Our Board of Directors has gifted your class t-shirts. Please be sure to select your size when you purchase your tickets. You are encouraged to wear them at the event to show your school spirit! T-shirts are for alumni only, not for guests.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
If alumni do not order their tickets by April 23, we cannot guarantee that they will receive a shirt in the size they want from the Alumni Association. T-shirts are for alumni only.
What if my plans change and I need to cancel my registration?
The following provides important information concerning any request to cancel your registration for Reunions 2017 with the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association. Except as the Alumni Association may decide in its sole discretion, full and partial refunds:
- WILL NOT be given if the request for cancellation is received after April 28, 2017
- WILL NOT be given in the case of inclement weather
- WILL NOT be given in the case of a no show or partially or completely missed event(s)
- WILL reflect a $10.00 processing fee
- WILL be made using the original form of payment, if granted
Please submit cancellation requests in writing via this REQUEST FORM or through the Eventbrite link provided with your registration email confirmation by 12:00 p.m. EST on April 28, 2017.
Can you accommodate special needs?
Please do not allow a special need to keep you from returning for Reunions. The Stuyvesant High School building is fully accessible. We want those with physical challenges to have as few obstacles as possible during their stay and to be able to participate fully in Reunion activities.
If you anticipate any difficulties, please call the Alumni Office at 212-312-4894. We will do our best to accommodate your request.