THE STUYVESANT HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
the CLASS OF 1987 to their
to be held on
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017
11:00AM Registration / Distribution of Class Reunion T-Shirts / Wrist bands for Happy Hour Activities at the School
- Stuyvesant Jazz Band performance
11:30 AM – Keynote Presentation by Mr. Jeff Makris, Director of College Counseling
- “College Admissions – What Has Changed?”
- What has changed since you left Stuyvesant? How are today’s Stuyvesant students navigating the college process?
- Q&A will follow the formal presentation
12:30PM Lunch (included in your ticket price)
1:30 PM – Tours, student performances, meet with Stuyvesant teachers!
Student-led tours will go on every 30 minutes.
Throughout the building there will be student performances and demos. Some examples include:
- Stuyvesant Fencing
- Stuy Legacy – Stuyvesant’s award winning dance group
- Stuyvesant Cheerleaders
1:15 PM – Reading of excerpts from Frank McCourt’s “Teacher Man” by Charlie Romanelli ’88, a StuyAlumni actor
- Charlie will be reading passages from the Pulitzer Prize winner about Stuy and its students
- This will take place in the room that is modeled on the Old Building’s classrooms
2:30 PM – Principal’s Address by Principal Eric Contreras
- Learn about what’s going on at Stuyvesant today!
- There’s going to be a new Maker Space in the school, where Stuyvesant students can create the wonderful innovations that they come up with.
3:00PM-6:00PM Happy Hour (with appetizers)
- Mingle with your classmates at your designated class tent!
6:00PM-7:00PM: Arrive at The Park, Open Bar
7:00PM-9:00PM: Buffet Dinner at The Park
9:00PM-10:00PM: Dancing & Photos
During the daytime, the Alumni Association will open the doors of “New Stuyvesant” for a reunion welcoming alumni from many different years. There will be activities from 10am through 5pm, and there will be an area set aside especially for the Class of 1987.
From 6:00pm through 10:00pm, the Class of 1987 will have its 30-year reunion dinner at the beautiful penthouse of The Park restaurant at 118 10th Ave, New York, NY 10011.
We will have a private room with an open bar for the first hour, and throughout the night DJ Paul Battaglia (’87) will be spinning our favorite eighties music and karaoke. There will be plenty of time for us all to catch up and take photos together.
We already know that some class members will be flying from overseas just to join us, so we hope you can find a way to be there too! Tickets are on sale now, so please reserve your spot right away!
The Eventbrite page where you’ll purchase your tickets will start to list classmates as they RSVP and purchase tickets.
- $135 until May 10 – day & evening components
- $175 at the door – day & evening components
Ticket pricing for the day event at the school only:
- $20 for day event only – If alumni do not order their tickets by April 23, we cannot guarantee that they will receive a shirt from the Alumni Association. T-shirts are for alumni only. NOTE: These are different from the custom ’87 t-shirts, pictured below, that you can order for $15 a shirt.
- FREE for kids under 10
- CUSTOM T-SHIRTS: Would you like a “Stuyvesant High School, Class of ’87” T-shirt, for $15? Red with white lettering like Ad-Rock’s in the Beastie Boys’ “Fight For Your Right” (photo below). Very soft fabric, the brand is Bella/Canvas. Sizes are unisex and run a little small. (Men might prefer to order one size larger than usual.) T-shirt orders need to be in by April 24, or we cannot guarantee your size will be available.
- Kids Club for Parents (during the day only)
- Our Board of Directors has gifted your class t-shirts if you RSVP for the day event by April 23. Please be sure to select your size when you purchase your tickets. You are encouraged to wear them at the event to show your school spirit! T-shirts are for alumni only, not for guests. NOTE: These are different from the custom ’87 t-shirts.
Kids Club Details
Kids Club for Parents – Throughout the day, there is a Kids Club where your children can do some fun activities while you explore the school.
- Can drop off kids starting at 11:00 AM
- Please pick up children for lunch at 12:30 PM. They can be dropped off at Kids Club again after lunch.
- 2:00PM-4:00PM – Face Art by Melissa
- 2:30PM-3:15PM – Mad Science “Marvels of Motion”
- 3:15PM-3:45PM – Mad Science Superball Making
- All kids must be picked up by parents at 6:00PM.