Can you believe it's been 40 years?
THE STUYVESANT HIGH SCHOOL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
the CLASS OF 1977 to their
to be held on
SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017
Tickets are $20 for 1977 alumni, $40 for guests, FREE for children under 10 years, $20 for kids aged 10-16
We have kept the price low to ensure maximum reunion attendance, and we’re actively seeking classmates that we have lost touch with. On the Eventbrite page, you can see which of your classmates have already RSVP’d.
11:00AM Registration / Distribution of Class Reunion T-Shirts / Wrist bands for Happy Hour Activities at the School
- Stuyvesant Jazz Band performance
11:30 AM – Keynote Presentation by Mr. Jeff Makris, Director of College Counseling
- “College Admissions – What Has Changed?”
- What has changed since you left Stuyvesant? How are today’s Stuyvesant students navigating the college process?
- Q&A will follow the formal presentation
12:30PM Lunch (included in your ticket price)
1:30 PM – Tours, student performances, meet with Stuyvesant teachers!
Student-led tours will go on every 30 minutes.
Throughout the building there will be student performances and demos. Some examples include:
- Stuyvesant Fencing
- Stuy Legacy – Stuyvesant’s award winning dance group
- Stuyvesant Cheerleaders
1:30 PM – Reading of excerpts from Frank McCourt’s “Teacher Man” by Charlie Romanelli ’88, a StuyAlumni actor
- Charlie will be reading passages from the Pulitzer Prize winner about Stuy and its students
- This will take place in the room that is modeled on the Old Building’s classrooms
2:30 PM – Principal’s Address by Principal Eric Contreras
- Learn about what’s going on at Stuyvesant today!
- There’s going to be a new Maker Space in the school, where Stuyvesant students can create the wonderful innovations that they come up with.
3:00PM-6:00PM Happy Hour (with appetizers)
- Mingle with your classmates at your designated class tent!
3:30PM-5:30PM Self-guided tours at The Old School, 345 East 15th Street, New York, NY 10003
- For those of you who are visiting the old school, you are welcome to meet up with Director Hal Diamond ’78 at 5:30PM at the front entrance to go out for drinks. The first drink is on the Alumni Association.
Kids Club for Parents – Throughout the day, there is a Kids Club where your children can do some fun activities while you explore the school.
- Can drop off kids starting at 11:00 AM
- Please pick up children for lunch at 12:30 PM. They can be dropped off at Kids Club again after lunch.
- 2:00PM-4:00PM – Face Art by Melissa
- 2:30PM-3:15PM – Mad Science “Marvels of Motion”
- 3:15PM-3:45PM – Mad Science Superball Making
- All kids must be picked up by parents at 6:00PM.
Photo Booth – Take some wacky pics with your friends!
Our Board of Directors has gifted your class t-shirts. Please be sure to select your size when you purchase your tickets. You are encouraged to wear them at the event to show your school spirit! T-shirts are for alumni only, not for guests.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
If alumni do not order their tickets by April 23, we cannot guarantee that they will receive a shirt in the size they want from the Alumni Association. T-shirts are for alumni only.