The Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association regularly receives bequests that help the school and Alumni Association meet its current funding needs, establish new programs and strengthen existing ones, and supplement allocation requests.
For many alumni, parents, and friends, a bequest is the simplest way to create a meaningful and influential legacy at Stuyvesant. The bequest allows you to retain control of your assets during your lifetime while also making a significant gift to the school.
Enjoy Attractive Benefits
- Make a gift of any amount while retaining control of your assets during your lifetime.
- Bequests can be modified at any point in time.
- An outright gift from your estate is entirely free from federal estate taxes, permitting Stuyvesant to utilize the full amount of your gift. Bequests made to individuals, in contrast, may be heavily taxed.
- Enjoy the satisfaction of creating a legacy and having a lasting impact on one of the best high schools in the country.
Making a Bequest is Simple
With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association as part of your estate plan. There are many creative ways to structure your estate plan that may allow you to make a gift to Stuyvesant while taking care of your loved ones.
What are my options?
A bequest to the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association can be made in several ways:
- You can make a gift of cash, securities, real estate or other property.
- You can make a gift of a specific dollar amount or asset.
- You can make a gift of a percentage of your estate.
- You can make a gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
- You can designate the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association as a beneficiary of your IRA, retirement account, and insurance policy.
How can I learn more?
If you are interested in learning more, please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].
The Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association does not provide tax, legal or financial advice. Any document or information shared by our staff is intended to be educational. The Alumni Association strongly encourages all of our benefactors to seek counsel from their own legal and financial advisors. Please know that any information or documents shared by the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association cannot be used to avoid tax-related penalties.