Alumni Association Q1 & Q2 Giving Report 2016
Your Donations Help Stuyvesant!
Since July 1, 2016, the beginning of our fiscal year, the Alumni Association has given over $114,002 to the school, students, departments, and extra-curricular activities. Below, please find some examples of how we help Stuyvesant and the Stuyvesant community. With your generous support this past December we look forward to being able to fulfill more needs of the school in 2017!
- July ’16: Sent the Stuyvesant’s FIRST Robotics Team to compete in a global tournament in China, $15,236
- Oct ’16: Funded the Football team to attend summer training at the historic Camp Scatico $12,000
- Dec ’16: Funded (3) coaches for the Football team, $7.500
- Oct & Nov ’16: Paid for coaches and judges for Speech & Debate, $6,180
- Oct ’16: Supported the Girls Swim Team, $1,350
- Oct ’16: Supported Fencing team with equipment and gear, $879
- Nov ’16: Paid for the PSAT for juniors, which they need to take in order to qualify for National Merit Scholarships, $7,590
- Oct ’16: Tickets for Jewish History class to see Fiddler on the Roof, $2,345
- Dec ’16: Books purchased for AP Eric Grossman’s “Great Books” class, $2,000
- Dec ’16: Sent students to Washington, D.C. for their achievements to perform, NYSSMA, $970
- Jul ’16 through Oct ’16 – Funded StuyPrep, partnering 30 students with Stuyvesant students and alumni in preparation for the SHSAT, $28,092
- Sep ’16 through Dec ’16 – Supported a formal structured Mentoring program developed to partner current students with Alumni, $1,648
- Oct ’16: Eiger Scholarship Distributions, $12,500.
Please note, these are highlights of what we have given to the school, not the complete list.