We are looking for passionate, experienced professionals to mentor current Stuyvesant students. The Mentoring Program is a new Stuyvesant Alumni Association initiative that will help students:
- Explore different professions and industries for their paths after college
- Broaden their focus and interest outside of academics
- Develop important social and professional skills for long-term success
Alumni volunteers will be matched with a current student by career interests and other factors. Mentor/mentee pairs will be grouped in a mentoring cohort that will explore a different topic (academics, extra-curriculars, resume editing, interview prep, etc.) each week. There will be five meetings with your mentees and Mentoring Cohort over the course of a semester, all taking place in a supervised setting with each session lasting 1.5 – 2 hours.
Alumni who participate in the Mentoring Program will have the chance to:
- Make a difference in the lives of current Stuyvesant students
- Meet and collaborate with other Stuyvesant alumni throughout the course of a few meetings
- Engage and enhance the Stuyvesant community in a structured setting
- Be a college graduate
- Live in the New York City area
- Commit to a maximum of five mentoring sessions
- Submit an online application by Saturday, September 10th.
- Our staff will review your application and invite you to a Mentor Orientation. There, you will learn more about your role as a mentor and our program structure. You will have an opportunity to ask questions before deciding whether you want to commit to being a mentor for the semester
- If you decide to proceed, we will ask you to provide an updated resume and a valid government issued photo ID for background screening
If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]