Class of 1978 – 40th Reunion
UPDATE: The ’78 40th Reunion Weekend planned for 10/5/18-10/8/18 has been postponed to a weekend in 2019. The exact dates are TBD and will be announced by 8/27/18.
We will hold smaller scale activities, including lunch, on the original schedule found below.
The Class of ’78 & Friends coolly invite you to an immersive weekend of 40th Reunion revelry! Like anything in NYC, there are still some bumps in the road, but here’s the grand working plan:
DAY 1: FRIDAY, 10/5
5:30 PM – 8 PM
Small group dinners at diverse restaurants across NYC. Various cuisines, price points. Locations TBD.
NYC Ferry ride from Dine-Arounds in Manhattan, Brooklyn and Astoria
8:30 PM TIL –
46-15 Center Blvd., Queens
Innovative cocktails on the spectacular East River waterfront.
DAY 2: SATURDAY, 10/6
2 PM – 5:15 PM
339 Adams Street, Brooklyn
5:30 – 6:30 PM
Group sunset walk across Brooklyn Bridge. Commemorating commuter students’ ride to our fav school!
Subway/taxis to East Village.
7 PM – 9 PM
100 3rd Avenue, Manhattan
After party at rockin’ 70’s themed bar. Two private spaces. Casual convo in one, get your groove on in the other!
Note: Saturday event, though in multiple parts, will be under a single ticket.
DAY 3: SUNDAY, 10/7
8:30 – 9:45 AM
GROUP RUN, WALK OR YOGA
** Subject to interest, TBD via forthcoming short survey. Location TBD.
If run, hosted by one or more of our marvelous miraculous marathoners. If yoga, a Manhattan studio.
Group photo in front of the “Old Building”, rain or shine.
12 PM – 2:30 PM
UKRAINIAN NATIONAL HOME
140 2nd Avenue
Brunch (Ticket Required)
2:45 PM– 4:30 PM
342 East 11th Street, Manhattan
7 PM – 10 PM
MULTI-YEAR JAM SESSION
Produced by multi-talented Ted Geier ’77. Karaoke with instruments – even on instrumental tunes J All genres. Aim is to have fun – not produce hit record. Come to sing, play or listen and hang.
DAY 4 (???) MONDAY, 10/8
8 AM – 10 AM
Event subject to interest, TBD thru upcoming short survey. Location TBD – either in Manhattan or near LGA.
Til we eat again!
YET MORE INFO:
* Pricing TBD very soon.
* Schedule planned to allow time for visiting NYC area family, friends, colleagues, college pals, debauchery, Broadway [oh – said that already], or create your own party with selected schoolmates.
* Families welcome.
* Committee members needed to make this all happen. Watch Reunion Central (Stuyvesant ’78 FB group) for forthcoming request (plea).
* Have a favorite venue for a dine-around? Want to host? Ya know what to do.
* Hotel deal in the works.
* This very full weekend of activities is not affiliated with the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association. We are working within their newly adopted policies and appreciate their support.
* The Class of ’78 cherishes its bonds with our brothers and sisters of other years. We look forward to celebrating together! Please help us spread the word.
We also request that you advise all to visit our Facebook group: Stuyvesant ’78, which we are promoting as “Reunion Central”. All official, latest news will be posted there. Hope you can join us!