Class of 1978 – 40 + 1 Reunion
Friday (evening), 10/11/19 through Monday (morning), 10/14/19. That is Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s Weekend.
We’ll be rolling with the immersive, fun-tastic plan we had devised last year, with some tweaks guided by feedback received. Mix & match – come to any one, combination or all of our planned activities.
Here’s the skinny:
DAY 1: FRIDAY, 10/11/19
5:30 PM – 8 PM
CONCURRENT HOSTED DINE-AROUNDS
Small group dinners (6 max per location) at diverse restaurants across NYC, all near NYC Ferry landings. Keeping these groups small will allow all to break the ice and enjoy relaxed conversation to get to know classmates – again or for the first time. Various cuisines and price points. Locations will be announced soon.
NYC Ferry ride from all the Dine-Around locations to Long Island City, Queens.
9:00 PM TIL –
46-15 Center Blvd., Queens
Casual bar hang! Innovative cocktails on the spectacular East River waterfront. (Sweetleaf has several locations, including two more in Long Island City. We will be at the one called Sweetleaf LIC, behind the giant, iconic Pepsi Cola sign. Coffeehouse by day, bar by night.)
DAY 2: SATURDAY, 10/12/19
2 PM – 5:15 PM
339 Adams Street, Brooklyn (downtown Brooklyn, blocks from Brooklyn Bridge)
Scrumptious upscale buffet lunch and drinks. More tequila choices than you can handle!
5:30 – 6:45 PM
Group sunset walk across Brooklyn Bridge. Commemorating commuter students’ ride to our fav school!
Subway/taxis to East Village.
7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
100 3rd Avenue, Manhattan (between E. 11th/E. 12th Streets)
After party at rockin’ 70’s themed bar. Two private spaces. Casual convo in one, get your groove on in the other.
Note: Saturday event, though in multiple parts, will be under a single ticket.
DAY 3: SUNDAY, 10/10/19
9:30 – 10:45 AM
GROUP WALK FROM “NEW BUILDING” TO “OLD BUILDING”
Slowly burn off that Saturday binge!
PHOTO OP/TIME WARP
Group photo in front of the “Old Building”, rain or shine.
12 PM – 2:30 PM
UKRAINIAN NATIONAL HOME
140 2nd Avenue, Manhattan (between St. Marks Pl./E. 9th St.)
Yummy brunch (Ticket Required)
2:45 PM– 4:30 PM
342 East 11th Street, Manhattan
7 PM – 10 PM
MULTI-YEAR JAM SESSION
Produced by multi-talented Ted Geier ’77. Kinda Karaoke with instruments. All genres. Aim is to have fun – not produce hit record. Come to sing, play or listen and hang.
DAY 4: MONDAY, 10/14/19
8 AM – 10 AM
Location TBD – either in Manhattan or near LGA.
Til we eat again!
Because enquiring minds want to know:
* Tickets will be required for the multi-part Saturday event and for the Sunday brunch. Ticket sales will open before summer and lowball early-bird pricing will be offered.
* Watch the Stuyvesant 78 Facebook group – “Reunion Central” – for upcoming super short survey on hotel needs. If enough folks need rooms, we’ll negotiate a deal at a great NYC hotel.
* The holiday weekend plan includes lots of activities, but also provides opportunities to veer off with your own private party, or enjoy quality time with NYC area family and friends.
* Spouses/Partners/Families welcome at all “40 + 1” activities.
* Have a favorite venue for a dine-around? Want to host? Ya know what to do.
* This very full weekend of reunion activities is not affiliated with the Stuyvesant High School Alumni Association. We are working within their reunion policies and appreciate their support.
* The Class of ’78 cherishes its bonds with our brothers and sisters of other class years. We look forward to celebrating together! Please help us spread the word.
* While a radical, ambitious plan is before us, it will take a village to unpack it and make it happen. We’ll be seeking enthusiastic classmates with specific skill sets to join the committee. Watch “Reunion Central” for info real soon!
* Subject to interest, we may organize casual small-ish group gatherings occasionally between now and our 40 + 1 Weekend.
We all rock!