We are looking for passionate, experienced professionals to mentor current Stuyvesant students. You can apply here.
The Mentoring Program is a Stuyvesant Alumni Association initiative that will help students:
- Explore different professions and industries for their paths after college
- Broaden their focus and interest outside of academics
- Develop important social and professional skills for long-term success
Students interested in being mentees in the Mentoring Program, please go here.
Alumni volunteers will be matched with a current student by career interests and other factors. Mentor/mentee pairs will be grouped in a mentoring cohort that will explore a different topic (academics, extracurriculars, resume editing, interview prep, etc.) each week. There will be five meetings with your mentees and Mentoring Cohort over the course of a semester, all taking place in a supervised setting with each session lasting 1.5 – 2 hours.
Alumni who participate in the Mentoring Program will have the chance to:
- Make a difference in the lives of current Stuyvesant students
- Meet and collaborate with other Stuyvesant alumni throughout the course of a few meetings
- Engage and enhance the Stuyvesant community in a structured setting
- Be a college graduate
- Live in the New York City area
- Commit to a maximum of five mentoring sessions