Jobs & Internships
Events and Operations Associate
The Events and Operations Associate position is responsible for fully supporting the Alumni Association’s events and reunions, supporting the fundraising efforts and objectives, and promoting the institutional advancement of Stuyvesant High School as a premier New York City public education institution. Applicants should have strong digital (internet) skills. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Roles and Responsibilities Overview: Reunions & Events including promotion through multiple channels, database entry and general office operational support
Reunions & Events
- Develop and support a successful, annual Alumni Homecoming weekend.
- Conceptualize and develop robust event schedule with diversity of events including but not limited to the following types of events: social, networking, industry-specific, athletic, community-based.
- Work with Reunion Organizers to understand our policy and cultivate their event within the parameters of our framework.
- Maximize attendance by promoting events through our website and social media.
- Maintain website with other staff including updating events, photographs, and writing event reviews to be shared online.
- Monitoring social media channels with other office staff to ensure group content integrity.
- Attend events and reunions to ensure quality experiences for our alumni; manage merchandise sales & check-in.
- Manage contract negotiations for venues, procurement of promotional discounts and services on behalf of our alumni.
- Manage transactional exchanges relating to events, including ticket and merchandise sales.
- Set up of merchandise, product imagery, and ticketing on Click & Pledge.
- Event participation tracking into database through Salesforce campaigns.
- Maintain integrity of donor management system and ensure seamless integration of databases. This function is shared with other office staff.
- Expedient processing and classification of incoming revenue, which includes annual membership dues, unrestricted donations, restricted donations, and temporarily restricted donations. This function is shared with other office staff.
- Support Executive Director in day-to-day Operations.
- Research and produce reports for targeted solicitations.
This role requires a self-starter willing to roll up his/her sleeves, work independently, yet understand the nuances of nurturing a top brand. S/he should possess a “can do” and “continuous improvement” attitude. Exceptional relationship skills and the ability to build rapport with internal and external constituents are important qualifications. The successful candidate will have an execution-orientation, have experience taking a plan from idea to reality; and be able to accomplish a great deal with lean resources. Other valuable attributes include excellent organizational skills.
The desired candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Passion for Stuyvesant High School
- A high comfort level with a changing and evolving agenda is required, along with the flexibility to adapt to that agenda
- Proven experience leading projects requiring collaboration across teams of diverse people
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as sensitivity and tact
- Fundamental and creative understanding of marketing and communication
- Strong familiarity with social media and ticketing platforms including, but not limited to: Facebook (groups, pages, profiles), Twitter, Instagram, Eventbrite.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage and delegate multiple projects and work assignments.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint) and Google Analytics. Strong proficiency in Excel including list reconciliation.
- Ability to work independently, with strong focus and minimal direction, impervious to distractions that are natural to the high school environment.
Preferred: Experience with Salesforce, Click & Pledge, WordPress, Constant Contact, Quickbooks.
Annual Salary: Up to $45,000 or as commensurate with experience. Note: Health Insurance is not part of the compensation
To apply, please email us your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.